The Drysdale Leopold Pony Club holds a rally the first Sunday of every month, except for the month of January. Rally instruction covers dressage, showjumping, cross country, games and active riding. Ten riding groups cater for riders from 4 to 24 years of age and all levels of riding. The Club runs four competitions per year - horse trials (one day events), dressage, show jumping and a show.
Our facilities include:
- a full cross country course up to Grade 2 level
- a fully fenced sand arena which can be used for dressage and showjumping
- an enclosed 20x40m arena
- dedicated club rooms
- outside eating areas
- lots of shady trees
When you join the Drysdale Leopold Pony Club you agree to abide by the Pony Club Association of Victoria's Code of Conduct. The code of conduct as it applies to riders and parents is reproduced below:
Code of Conduct
- Participate and compete within the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, discuss your concerns with the organising committee or use official protesting procedures to lodge your complaint.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuses of officials, organising personnel or other individuals are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Work to better yourself there is always satisfaction in improving your performance.
- If working in a team, work to support your teammates and be positive about your teammates performance.
- Be a good sport.
- Treat all participants in your sport, as you like to be treated.
- Cooperate with your coach, teammates and organising personnel. Without them there would be no competition or activities to be involved with.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child's efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate skilful performances by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials' decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
If you wish to try pony club for one rally to see if it is right for you, please complete the day attendance form below.
Please send your completed application form (either for membership or day attendance) to:
Drysdale Leopold Pony Club
PO Box 84
DRYSDALE VIC 3222